I have discovered the MOST delicious pumpkin pie recipe ever. You have to try it.
Might as well make a few practice ones so you’re sure you have the technique down for Thanksgiving!
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (2 cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth.
Pour into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or as directed, or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool.
Glob on the whipped topping and eat it all!
Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Bonus recipe for any leftover pumpkin:
- 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding (just the powder, don’t make the pudding)
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 tsp. cinn.
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Mix together, chill for a couple hours, serve with graham crackers, apple slices, vanilla wafers, molasses cookies etc.
What’s your favorite pie for the holidays?